Postpartum bleeding

I delivered by c-section on November 24th & last week, I had stopped bleeding. Today, I started bleeding out of nowhere kind of heavy & bright red. I'm not in any pain, I just don't know if this is normal.

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 7:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like your period returning. I got mine at six weeks with all three of my kids. Unless it soaks a heavy duty pad in an hour or you are passing large clot as big as a grape, then you should be fine.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I didn't think I'd get my period so soon, especially since I'm breastfeeding...?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I did, all three kids were exclusively breastfed and I got mine back right away. I was worried and my doc said it was normal. I always wanted to be one of those lucky moms that didn't bleed the whole time I was breastfeeding, but no such luck.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2009