Does anybody know anything about Leesburg FL is it a good place to live and work?

I am a single mom and we have never lived any where but in VA . I got a job offer in FL and it maybe a very good one but I am a little afraid. Is FL a good place to work in,live in ,raise kids etc. etc.
My son is saying no way because most of our family is here but we don't even have a good relationship and we don't hang out with them hardly at all , but he doesn't want to feel or be alone in another state.

ndb

Asked by ndb at 7:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I live near Leesburg. It's an ok place to live. Jobs are pretty scarce right now, so if you take the job, you may want to be very sure you can do it and that it's secure, b/c if they lay you off or something else happens, finding another one may be really difficult. The schools are ok, the weather gets really hot in the summer, not super cold in the winter (except for overnight). I've lived in this same area most of my life, so obviously it's not that bad.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have a friend who lives there. He's worked hard all his life but he lost his great job and settled for anything just to work. His wife got laid off and for the first time in their life they were hurting so bad they couldn't stay afloat and lost their home. She couldn't find a job. Like tropicalmama said, if there is security then take the job. If not, don't come here. I've lived in FL for 22 yrs and hated every minute of it....ok, winters are not so bad but other than that I don't care for it. In my area wages are low, rent is high, education is horrible. My kids grew up and moved away so their children will have a decent education but we live in the FL panhandle. Maybe Leesburg is better. I know I would never move anywhere that I didn't know someone again. That was terribly hard for me. Good luck.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2009