42 weeks and 2 days..... am i or am i not?????

today i have been with a lot cramps they go away but come back the last around i want to say 7 or 8 mins but they are not strong, then they go away for 5 or 7 mins and then they start all over again. what does this mean? am i in early labor or am i in labor? i have heard that some women go into labor and not have the major labor pain.. so maybe i am one of them. i don't know-- also my "hoo haa" feels wet and when i wipe what i see is like this white goo. omg this is embarrassing. lol. also today i have been very sleepy and not hungry could this be also a sign? please help me. also yesterday i got a big cramp and when i did the breathing technique that you suppose to do when in labor the breathe in and out, it helped the cramp went away for a little while but returned. also i spent the entire night feeling wet.

shoegal1787

Asked by shoegal1787 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi shoegal did the doctor find the baby?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Call your doc or your L&D. Sounds like your about to have a baby!
    Early congrats!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Good that the baby's been found, it must have been very scary for doctors to have refused you ultrasounds plus all of their negative pregnancy tests too throughout the pregnancy. Remember it's most important to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally being busy with babies and kids as they grow. It should be a law that women get nurtured by community women after giving birth or adopting babies. New moms certainly deserve that.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It sounds like your body is working on something.
    If your contractions are between 5 - 8 minutes then it might be time soon... How many seconds long is each one?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Are you watery wet or gooey/discharge wet? When my water broke with my first, it was just a constant trickle. My contractions felt like period cramps up until I got the epidural. If you think you might be in labor, call your doctor. Sometimes labor isn't near as dramatic as it is in the movies. Note: I say sometimes because with my second baby, it was dramatic and painful! =) Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• If your that far along it should be early labor and if not why haven't they induced you its not safe to wait over 42 weeks.. i'd go into the hospital
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Yea seriously what Dr LETS a mother wait after 42 and risk complications? Um I would be very concerned b/c I know they usualy dont allow you to go past 42 without inducing. You seriously need to get to the hospital and see wtf is going on.
    Anonymous

• I'd go in. I'd also be too afraid of the risks of stillbirth since you are going past 42 weeks.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Got ot L&D, you are late enough.... !!!
    Anonymous

• I am sure she is getting monitored. Dr's are in tooooooo much of a rush to get the babies out. As long as her placenta is still functioning and baby is ok then she is fine to go past 42 weeks. But if your not getting monitored atleast 2 times a week then I would be concerned.
    Souns like labor is on its way!!! You go girl
    Trollpup

Answer by Trollpup at 11:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009