Relationship book recommendations?

My husband will be deploying soon and I feel our relationship has been in a rocky spot this year. I would like for us to continue really working on it while he's deployed so I was thinking that we could both read the same book while he's deployed and discuss it. Any suggestions?

Carri2362

Asked by Carri2362 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• The Five love languages is a great book for your marriage. It will teach you things about yourself and you as a couple, but you both need to read it.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have heard the Fireproof material is good. I have not read the books but watched the movie. It was great.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You don't need books. Just respect one another and remind each other how important the other is. Tell him to take his laptop and stay in touch each day. Spend time talking to each other about each other, not bills, not kids...but about how you feel. Rebuild what you used to have when you were dating.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Thank you for your replies. We have been working on it between the two of us but we would like a bit more from the outside (other perspectives and tips). I really think we will benefit from reading and learning more ways to express ourselves and understand each other. Thanks again for the replies.
    Carri2362

Answer by Carri2362 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. DH and I read that during this deployment. It helped so much!
    scrapnmom01

Answer by scrapnmom01 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2009