help, embarrassing!

Ok so this is pretty embarrassing, but earlier in the week I accidentally cut my vagina while shaving, and then managed to cut myslef again with my fingernail if you get my drift. Everything was ok, just a little sore til yesterday. I woke up with extreme pain and I'm still hurting really really bad. I plan on making an appt with my gyno tomorrow, but I need some relief in the meantime. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• warm wash cloth just places on there,can help.It will hurt until it heals just keep it clean use sensative wipies after you go to the bathroom in the meantime.
    Anonymous

• First of all, I'd get a handheld mirror and see what's going on. After you assess how bad it is, try a sitz bath, warm water mixed with some salt. If there is swelling, go to the store and get a bottle of witch hazel and some cosmetic cotton pads. Witch hazel is the chemical in Tucks medicated pads that they give you in the hospital after delivery. It should help with swelling.
    A good tip for shaving down there.. try shaving in front of a mirror if possible, use a very sharp razor-I use men's razors because they are much much sharper than women's and stay sharper longer! (preferrably one that's only been used a few times at the most) and always use a shaving cream. I found a wonderful product called Coochy Cream (I don't only use it for down there but for my legs and underarms too!) You can find this http://loverslane.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=coochy+cream&x=22&y=12 GL!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I totally forgot about witch hazel and tucks pads! Thank you! I'm going to try that and hopefully it helps. I tried some epsom salt and it helps while I'm soaking but once I get out its right back to agony.
    Anonymous

• I was going to suggest With Hazel and then get some Coochy to shave with... It's the best.
    Hope you are feeling better!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• Thre's a REASON we have hair there---you're not suppose to shave it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2009