Serious ?? here

My MIL and my DM got into a heated argument a couple of months back. My MIL said some horrible things like she can't wait till her son leaves me so she could get custody of my kids, I'm a lazy good for nothing ahole. Anyways I can barely bring myself to look at this woman knowing this and I can't help but feel my DH is betraying me while giving in to their guilt trips. He takes the kids over there without me even though he knows how she feels about me. Am I wrong to feel betrayed? I feel like a piece of me is dying inside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I am so sorry for your hurt and betrayal!!!! It sounds like dh has been complaining to your mil and not telling you first or at all!!! You need to sit your dh down and get to the bottom of her allegations! Some men are mama's boy so if your dh is one or has tendencies of one then discuss it, tell him how you feel. Now if I am wrong and its on the other end of the spectrum: she was speakig on behalf of your dh saying it from how she feels and sees things, but not at all by his mouth or feelings. Either way you need to open up and nip this in the bud!!! And confront mil, let her know how it made you feel!!! If you bite your tongue now, then you always wll. GL and BW!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Betrayal? I'm not seeing that. She's honest about her feelings. He's sparing you dealing with her.
    Anonymous

• Your husband and kids should have a relationship with her, but you need to get to the bottom of what is going on and why she made these allegations. I agree with ladyd. My first thought was that he is complaining about you to his mother behind your back. Your husband should take your side! If he's not, this is no good.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Sorry ladies, I disagree here. Posters DH has NO BUSINESS taking the kids over to MIL's house if she cannot act decent to their mother. DH can go, it is his mother but he shouldn't be taking the kids until she can be civil to poster!!!!!
    Good luck getting to the bottom oif this because there probably is no bottom, she is just a miserable old bitty and will start treating your kids poorly because for whatever reason she does not like you. Advice - keep your kids and yourself away from her also maybe get some kind of documentation (in the event of divorce or whatever) where the kids go and make sure she is excluded!!!
    I too have a difficult MIL that finally DH saw past her act and saw how she really treated our kids. thus. i am speaking from experience!!!!!.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• OP here: DH knows how his mother is but doesn't want to make waves. He just keeps burying his head in the sand hoping things will get better. MIL is not getting any of her deranged opinions from DH.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• don't ever feel bad about other's people negative thoughts of you, you no your not a lazy ahole so who cares. your husband has a relationship with his mom that's seperate from you, his feelings and responsibilites to and his mother will cause problems, you just have to understand that your married to him and what you have is different allow him to have that with his mom and tell him he should always defend you, you can't control what a person thinks or say about you so screw her, don't let that mean woman hurt your feelings, you shouldn't want to be in her company anyway and i would have doubts about my children in her company. also you need to stand up to her and let her no how that makes you feel, over all you shouldn't concern yourself with her and make your husband check that ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• you know what no your not wrong because you dont know this bitch and what she says to him in front of your kids... mine used to talk bad about me and my kids would and still do repeat it
    eag3134

Answer by eag3134 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2009