how do i stop my seven year old from drawling on the wall an anything else ?

mommyoftwo71

Asked by mommyoftwo71 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Make him/her clean it off. That might work.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• when my 3 year old does it I take her crayons away for awhile and tell her she cant color anymore. I tried having her clean it but she thought that was fun.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• take the pencils/crayons/markers away? 7 is plenty old enough to know better...or perhaps, designate one place, perhaps in his/her room as the drawing board? you can paint it with chalkboard paint, and let him go to town with chalk. or paint it with something that is easily cleaned, or repainted. make him clean and repaint as needed.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• buy those crayola washable crayons... and a ton of coloring books or yhe contruction paper roll its like three feet high and just tape it to the wall and let him color there
    eag3134

Answer by eag3134 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• crayola makes a glow board i got my ds this christmas, hangs on the wall, color with a light pen. maybe if he was allowed to do it with acceptable mediums that would feed the need to do it... or it could be just rebellion and doing stuff he knows is wrong. so i say give him a way to do it that is acceptable. they also sell a spray paint that is blackboard and you can use chalk on it ... if he continues after having teh option take that as a sign that he is just trying to piss you off and do what you do - figure out why he is acting out or simply punish him harshly for it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I have a 7 year old and he has never colored or drawn on the walls. We told him not to and he was supervised. Now at 7 he has his own art room and never draws on anything but paper. I think your child is a bit immature and maybe you are not disciplining your child in an effective way. I would certainly put all writing and coloring utensils up until they grow up a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• At seven there is something more going on. If your child is being rebelious, then have them do some wall scrubbing. Every day for a little bit. Maybe when everyone else is playing video games or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Tell them not to and if they do it they clean it up and you take away anything and everything they can use to draw with. If they don't have the items they can't color the walls.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Make him clean up the mess, take away the art supplies, and let him know it's not ok to draw on the walls. Kids like to draw on walls because they are easier to write on, right in front of their face. It's harder to control a pen/crayon when it's down on a table. Maybe buy him an art easel, and that might make the walls less tempting.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 11:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Take the stuff away. Hand her a sponge and cleaning supplies and have her clean up the mess.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2009