half sisters??

my dd has a half sister from my dh previous gf, and we have no contact with her because the mom won't work with us in anyway, and does not want us in her life, she also blames me and my dd for her and my husbands breakup which happened before i met him, how do i explain to my dd about her sister and why she can't see or meet her???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depending on how old your dd is, I would wait until she can really understand that she has a sister and that for now they can't spend time together. This may change when they are older and the other woman can only suggest they stay apart. When your dd is old enough to understand, I would just explain the situation to her truthfully without bashing the other woman. (even though you may not like her or agree). Good Luck
    rustylee32905

Answer by rustylee32905 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2009