Who Has Met Their Mate Online?

Just wondering! I'm currently separated and divorcing. I'm already ready to move on (I get along with my ex as friends, we just aren't compatible as a couple and haven't been for some time). I joined some online dating sites and have already met a local man I have a TON in common with! We haven't met yet, but our emails clearly show we have much in common (first and foremost, we have the same sense of humor). So I'm just wondering -- who out there has met her mate online and how did it happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i met my husband on craigslist... we exchanged emails for a while and then met for coffee.. the went to some art shows...etc.
    Things just progressed from there.

I have met other men online..dating one for a little while...we were friends for a couple years.

Just be safe about that first meeting...there are creaps online. Make it a public place...i think coffee is great because it can be short if you aren't feeling it or turn it into a longer date.

GOOD LUCK!!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I met my husband in a yahoo chat room. I was living in orlando and he was living in miami. We have been married for almost 5 years now.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I'm definitely not meeting anyone in anything other than a public location! And thanks!
    Anonymous

• I have friends who didn't really have luck with it, BUT my brother met his current girlfriend on eHarmony I think (or it could have been a different dating site) and I think they are PERFECT for each other. We all have our fingers crossed that they'll get married :)

I didn't meet my husband online, but I wanted to share a positive story about it.

I think sharing a sense of humor is a GREAT jumping off point and is really important.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• That's how I met my boyfriend. He's a truck driver, so we talked thru e-mail and instant messenger for less than 2 weeks, then started talking on the phone until he could come home (about 3 weeks after our first messages to each other). I agree with others, meet in a public place, the first few times. We met at a local lake for the first date, then our second date was breakfast and the museum. We moved pretty quickly in our relationship though, by 3 weeks into officially dating, he'd met my kids and parents and we were already making plans to move in together. I definitely believe you can meet someone and develop a real, long-term relationship online. Just take it slow (ok, not the best advice coming from me), and be cautious.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Thanks for sharing that positive story!
    Anonymous

• i met my dh on match.com..turned out he used to work at the same pharmacy my little sis was a tech for..and former clients were fellow pharmacists, so there wasn't anything i didn't know about him, or couldn't find out...if i needed to. we finally met in person at a local coffee house, and decided to walk the park across the street. we talked/walked/talked more until 2am-ish..hours after the park was closed. (funny, there were other people still in the park, as well..i guess the popo doesn't enforce closing time.) we saw each other every other day for a couple weeks, as his job required traveling. he was quirky and sincere, and 'different' from the other guys i'd dated. that summer was really intense for me, as both aging parents were ill..we broke up, and a week later, i found out i was pregnant. an ex told me i should tell him (my then-bf), so i did..and viola! we've been together ever since. married 5 years...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I met my boyfriend (soon-to-be husband in March) in a Yahoo chatroom. We talked for months about everything and nothing. Went out to a movie, it didn't work out. Then almost 2 years ago, I bumped into him again when I randomly signed into Yahoo messenger, we hung out again and ended up hitting it off! We're expecting our 2nd child (his first my second) and planning on getting married in March (as I said above) :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I met my husband through a 100% free dating site, I forget what the name of it was...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 10:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I met mine on Yahoo

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009