Pain killer, the breastfed, now she's out.

I breastfed my 5-month-old after having a pain killer and she's been taking a nap for 5 hours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What type of painkiller?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Yeah what type? your only suppose to have tylenol, or Vicodin
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Does the doctor who prescribed the pain medicine know you're breastfeeding? I was put on some pain meds, I was breastfeeding at the time. My doctor said you cannot breastfeed while on it. The drugs do pass onto the baby. I would be calling the baby's doctor, and your own see if you're supposed to be doing both at the same time.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I had a C-section and was given percocet in the hospital and then darvocet for my home recovery..both are safe while bf.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Try waking her up for another feeding. She may be one who likes to sleep. :-) Congratulations on your baby!!!
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 10:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Five hours = sleeping through the night. **grin** Unless there's a drop in dipes or there's some kind of breathing problem, it's not an issue. You'd turn cartwheels if she did this at nighttime.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• gdiamante said it perfectly. Enjoy the quiet. There's no way the pill would have made it into her system that fast if you had just taken it and then breastfed. It takes at least 30 minutes to get absorbed by your body, longer to make it into hers.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i was taking percocet for pain after having a c-section my daughter is fine i wish she would of slept that long
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2009