Son's penis itches?

I noticed that for the last month or so my son grabs his penis a lot when i ask him if he has to potty he says no that it itches he does it a lot, what could be causing it and what can i do so he can get some relief? He does have skin eczema on his back and legs. Please any ideas would help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• UTI?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Call his doc.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I'd call the doctor too.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 9:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• It could be nothing or it could be a common yeast infection. Look to see if there is a rash. My son had an itchy bottom and penis just over a week ago. The end result was we called the nurse on call. She suggested an over the counter anti-fungal creme and soon the itching went away. What I learned: there are 11 common rashes for children that do not need to be seen by a doctor. You can even google "children and rashes" to see what you find. Dr. Sears probably has the best website as far as that goes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 5:54 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Is he circed or intact? If intact then it is very common for them to do that when they are just learning to retract it. If he is circed then I would see if it hurts or just itches and look to see if it is red or note any strange (more or less then normal) bathroom activities and then call the doc if by a lot you mean multiple times in an hour or so. He likely doesn't need to be seen by the doc, but a call is probably warranted. I am not sure what you mean by a lot, but I would also watch the male figures in his life and see how often they "readjust" themselves around him. Little boys pick up that habit and frequency from the males in their life usually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• He may not be clean. It's possible he gets drops of urine on himself and after a while it will itch.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• or did u just start using a different bubble bath? different soap or detergant?
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 6:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2009