Do BirthCenters accept Medicaid ?

I am 28 weeks pregnant and really wanting to deliver at a Birthing center, does anyone know if Medicaid pays for births outside of a hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know, but my private feeling is this. If they are truly concerned about the mother and the baby and their birthing experience, they should.

Money should not be their motivating factor.
    Anonymous

• I'm in Wisconsin and all but $700 is covered for a CNM, but a CPM is not covered at all. I'm working with a homebirth CPM and am paying 100% out of pocket. Luckily, she works on a sliding fee so I am able to pay $1500 for my home waterbirth. Chiropractic care is covered here as well. The best thing you can do is find the birth center or two you'd like to deliver at and give them a call. They will know, I'm sure. Next step is to call your state insurance people and ask them.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 10:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• All you can do is call. Even though some many others many not. Just call them and ask.
    Congrats on the baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• The birthing center I used accepts medicad, you just need to call and ask them. But also make sure that medicad will cover the birthing center instead of a hospital. (you think they would since it's sooooo much cheaper...) Gl I LOVED my birthing center experience!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2009