Should I be worried?

My Son is alil over 3 months old, he is teething...BUT he has a really yellow runny nose, a horrible cough that makes him puke, sneezing, and has been pooping little amounts several times today and it was green!?!?!

oxcarirenexo

Asked by oxcarirenexo at 9:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Green poop in little babies usually means diahrea. As long as he's still drinking and keeping most of it down, I wouldn't rush to the ER, but I would definitely get him in to see his pedi tomorrow. Good luck. It's awful when wee ones are sick...it's like the world's meanest guessing game for mothers.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I agree w/ Allergic.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Call your pediatrician first thing in the morning. They may have a nurse or dr on call that you can call now though to make you feel better. If at any time you feel it becomes an emergency then go to the ER of course, especially with one so tiny.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Green poop is still normal. Diarrhea is watery poop that happens at least 2-3 times in 24 hours. Babies poop will change color depending on the diet, and plus he's likely got mucous in there too. There's no need to worry unless he isn't keeping "food" down (breastmilk or formula) for several hours and starts showing signs of dehydration. Sounds like he has a cold, or possibly a sinus infection but that's pretty unlikely. As the mother of a chronically ill child, I definitely wouldn't worry at this point. Just keep him hydrated.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2009