y is clomid so expensive!!????

im starting my first round of clomid tuesday and i put in my prescription today and they told me it was $50!!!! omg between that and prenatal vitamins imma go broke before i have a baby ughhh so upset i hope this round does the trick, is there anything u did on the first round of clomid that u think made it be the lucky month?? plz any advise would be appreciated

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 10:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Clomid is actually one of the cheaper fertility meds..try to go to fertilityfriend.com its a ovulation charting website. It will teach you how to read your body to know when you are ovulating.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I'm not sure what strength you are taking or if you are ok with generics, but Wal-mart use to have generic Clomid (Clomiphene) 50mg on their prescription program. You could get 5 tablets for 9 dollars. Now this may have changed but I know it was still in effect about 6 months ago. You might call them and ask. Also, call multiple pharmacies before you decide where to fill it. Pharmacy prices can be about 10 dollars higher or lower depending where you go. It only takes a few seconds to call around to pharmacies but it can save you a ton of money. I've worked as a pharmacy tech for many years. I hope this helps!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• i took the off brand of Cloimd and i got preg both times around so i think that works just as good and i got it at walmart and it was only $9 for me
    Anonymous

• 9 bucks??? Wow I'm taking 2 tabs of the 50mg twice a day well its too late this month for me I already filled it hopefully I won't need it again next month but if I do I will call some pharmacies, thanx ladies
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 11:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Wow, I pay $15 a month for mine. I take the clomiphene citrate though, the off brand. And I am only on 50mg a month. I go to CVS.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• mine was 20 for generic at walgreens
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 12:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• $50 is CHEAP for fertility meds. It didn't work for me and the one I ended up using cost me $5,000 per month. The way I look at it is when you have to use fertility meds to help get pregnant you are just getting used to the added expense of having a baby before you actually have one. When the baby comes it will definitely run you more than $50 per month. GL!
    Anonymous

• Yes (the generic) Clomid is still at walmart on their discount prescription plan, as soon as the dr. prescribes me ANY meds, i see if it (or it's generic) is on the $4 (or $9) plan at walmart (i just finished provera and am on meds for insulin resistence and hypothyroidism, all on the walmart prescription plan) meaning all three of my medications only cost about 12 dollars a month, it's great (especially since SO works at walmart meaning we get a 10% discount, which is only 2 dollars, but every little bit helps).
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 8:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i paid bout 10 or less at walmart with out insurance it going to be you best bet gl
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 6:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2009