Two months left..what should I do?

I have 2 months left in my apartment. I do have another one lined up. So since i've already been accepted to my new place, should i pay my rent late, pay a late fee of $150 and use the money I get that was for rent for bills that won't be able to be paid unless I do this....

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do what you have to do. I would

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't do that who knows whata could happen?
    Anonymous

• If you're breaking your lease, I think you should pay whatever penalties there are, pay a pro-rated rent (ask your landlord/lease company), and go on your merry way! Or stay in your current apartment, honoring your lease agreement, and when your lease ends, move into your new apartment.

Walking out on your current lease WILL affect your credit score--assuming you care about that.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I'm not walking out on my current lease..I'm just paying late so i can use the other money for bills that need to get paid around the same time rent is due..I'm still in my apt. for the next 2 months but because I'm already accepted elsewhere I'm wondering if it really matters if i pay on time..that's all I'm saying...
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2009