how do i get my one year to fall asleep and sleep by his self??

my one year old son has been sleeping wit me since he was born and its starting to drive me crazy, he want go to sleep unless im wit him and if i get up to leave he wakes up.. this and not being able to walk out the door for 5 mins. is starting to drive me insane.. how do i fix this? i hate hearing him cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You are going to have to deal with the crying. Put him in his crib with a small soft toy, use a night light, and leave him for 20 minutes. Check on him if he hasn't stopped crying, and make sure he's ok, then go out for another 20. Make sure he is sleepy. You might have to adjust naps during the day to allow for this. After a couple of days or so he won't cry as much, but it will take some time. Its something you have to endure. Go outside for a few minutes if the crying gets to you.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2009