First birthday-What did you do to celebrate?

Just trying to get some ideas on what to do at my son's first birthday party next Saturday. It will be held in my church. What did you do to celebrate? Any games? Activities? Types of food?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One thing I did for my daughters birthday , since she had just gotten every toy in the world for Christmas ...........

I did a wish list at target.com , it is like a baby registery and you can decide what he needs or wants . Just put it on the invitation and your family and friends will know exactly what to get .
    sarbreen28

Answer by sarbreen28 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I did the wish list for christmas but everyone ignored it! So now I have to take everything back that we got more than 1 of or that we can't use. Drives me nuts! I love the wish list idea!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I threw them both a party. at or home,we all had a great time. Had family over, aunts ,uncles, cousins ,nieces, nephews, grandparents, and a great-grandmother, brothers.sisters, too WE all just talked and had alot of laughs. we had ,little sandwitches, tomatoe pie, chicken wings, mac salad; tossed salad, potatoe salad, deviled eggs, fruit salad, and cake and ice cream, we all had a great time.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Her first birthday is on the 10th next month.. I would love a big party with lots of people that love her... but i don't want her to get over whelmed.. and she doesn't need ANY more toys so we're ordering a cake.. getting the close family members together and having a party at one of her grandparents house.. we might have dinner together.. other then that a few presents and hanging out
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:48 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I did an at home party for both kids. Serenity was Elmo, Tyler was Cars. Did a big cake, let the kids play outside, etc.
    Sierra_Mistress

Answer by Sierra_Mistress at 11:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2009