what if u don't have a sleeping routine?

Some of the posts in the baby groups say the baby thrive on consistency. nothing in my life has a routine so the baby doesn't really have a routine. she has her own routine. considering she is at daycare and at my parents and then when i am with her its different. lately she is very fussy to put to bed. is it too late to try to start a sleeping routine or just let it be considering she is fine sleeping. her sleep routine right now is just change her and put her in bed with us (my parents) or myself until she falls asleep and then transfer over to her crib.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If your routine works for you now then stick with it. :-) You have to do what works for both you and your baby. It sounds like you have a pretty good system going. :-)
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 10:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• If it doesn't need fixing...DON'T BREAK IT! I see nothing that needs fixing here.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• You said that she is fussy to put to bed here lately, but you said that you let her fall asleep and then put her in the crib? If I misunderstood correct me..If she is waking up and being fussy it could be because she is waking somewhere other than where she fell asleep; so maybe you can see if she'll fall asleep in her crib. If she is just difficult to get to sleep it could just be a phase. Many babies fight sleep; try different methods to put her asleep until you find one that works and stick with it. As I said it could be a phase and you will more that likely have to go through it again because babies and kids are always changing :) Hope I helped out some.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 2:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2009