12 month old

My son will be 1 next saturday and up until recently he used to be the heaviest sleeper. His crib is in our room b/c we don't have a third room in the house and my 18 year old brother lives with us. My question is do a lot of 12 month olds become light sleepers? We can't even walk into the room quietly (my husband and I to go to bed) without our son waking up. We have a fan that runs for white noise and that used to work great but not now. Any advice?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow, I'm in a very similar situation. If your son is a light sleeper I'm not sure what else you can do I mean you already have the white noise going, I think he wakes cause he knows you guys are coming into the room. Could you get a room separator maybe?  Otherwise maybe have your brother sleep in the living room so the baby can have his own room at night?  GL

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My son has been a light sleeper this whole time. He is also in my room. I just go to sleep when he does. Or if he is taking a nap stay out of the room, I put the fan on to drown out the sound and face it away from him since it is not hot. Or also his vaporizor makes alot of noise.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• He may be waking a lo because he's hungry. Maybe try feeding his last meal a bit later than you do now. Or feed him more at his last meal...he may need his portions a bit bigger since he's growing growing growing all the time :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Allergic2Stupid: I have tried that lol He eats a full meal around 5 and snacks on my husbands and I's dinner and then has a snack around 6 to 6:30. Takes his bath around 7ish and goes to bed by 7:30-9 just depends on the night after 6-8oz of formula. Ive tried feeding more, feeding less, even burping him to make sure it wasn't gas or anything related? but still wakes up...I think it may just be out of habit now.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Doh....hopefully he'll outgrow this phase soon....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2009