How long did you date before??

I was wondering how long did you date your spouce before getting engaged? Iv been dating mine for about 1.5 years and still nothing..Oh and keep in mind im a single mother..so if there are any single moms or women who were and now have gotten married or engaged please answer too!!

LovingZachary09

Asked by LovingZachary09 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• We never really got engaged. I got pregnant my mom forced us to marry... That was that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• my boyfriend and i have been together for almost 2.5 years and our son is 13 months old and i still have no ring. i feel WAY uncomfortable with having a kid with him and not being married. i want to share the name, the label means nothing. i think that it's a great honor for my son to share his last name so much so that i want to also. maybe if another one is on the way then he'll want to then, especially considering that i don't want to have a second with him and not be married. ive drawn the line.
    kd333

Answer by kd333 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well, we dated for 2 months before becoming pregnant but we each told our families we had found our future wife/husband about a month after we met. We had the names of our future kids picked out before we got pregnant. Now, 4 years later we are still married and planning financially for baby #2. :) Def not a path I would suggest though! My friend is a single mom who just got engaged on Christmas and they dated for 2.5 years. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Men are stupid. Tell him what you want and when you want it. They like having goals.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• @Admckenzie..Believe me I have..Many times..His only answer is "Oh Yeah?!" and that it..nothing more. Its beginning to sound like he doesnt want what I want
    LovingZachary09

Answer by LovingZachary09 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• We dated about 7-8 months before we got engaged. We actually got married 13 months after our first date. That was 5 years and 3 kids ago!
    mm-mom

Answer by mm-mom at 10:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• 3 years...we started dating when we were 17, he proposed excatly 3 years later..and we were married 6 months after that.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I was a single mother when I met my husband. We dated for a little over a year when we got married (and pregnant).
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 10:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• We were together for 6 years before we finally got married. It took a few false starts, couldn't get everybody at the same place at the same time so we eloped to Reno 9 mos after we had first one(s) -twin pregnancy only one made it - we conceived our last one on our wedding night hahaha that was over 11 years ago.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• we worked together for 3 yrs before we started dating. moved in together 2 months into dating engaged at at 6 months and married at 1 yr 3 months and pregant 6 months after married and had our baby this July of 09. my best friend is a single mom and has a 2 yr old. she's been in 2 serious relationships since having her daughter but hasn't found mr right. Good luck!
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2009