asthma question

i just found out that my 25 month old daughter has asthma less than a week ago and my question is can asthma make her tried she doesn't want to do anything she sleeps all the time she takes 4-6 hr naps and sleeps for 10-12 hrs at night

kcook55

Asked by kcook55 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• That sounds like a mold problem. Many children exposed to spores develop asthma that goes away if the mold is removed. Mold allergies can cause TONS of problems like sleepiness and weakness.

Get someone to clean your HVAC system. Get a mold test kit.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• she was doing this before we moved so i dont think its mold and what a hvac system?
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• if she is not getting enough oxygen then yes it can make her sleepy. Listen to her chest, does she sound like shes 'squeaking'? And does the seem to struggle to get a deep breath in?
    I also have asthma and have trouble getting a real deep breath in..and I yawn constantly and am drowsy on days its worse..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• yes shes squeaking today was a hard day for her she didn't have a asthma attack but she was having trouble breathing and screaming and crying she coughs all the time
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I would see her doctor about breathing treatments. I did them when I was a kid and they helped alot! PM me if you need to!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Change or clean filters on all heating and cooling devices(furnace, a/c) This will help with breathing problems. Mold and household pollutions can all cause breathing issues. So, fix any leaks or drips, and get a steamer for household cleaning.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• we dont have any of that
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• im sorry cook....i have asthma too. the weather can affect her as well, for instance if the weather goes from cold to hot, it can sause her to wheeze or "squeak" and cough. the best thing is to try to get her a humidifier and turn it on when she goes to sleep that really helps me... good luck!
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 2:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009