Should I wait til I go back in a month or go in ASAP?

I have recently lost alot of weight because of some meds. I have noticed a pain(with a knot) in my chest when i touch between my ribs.(upper) I knew it was there before, but never thought anything of it because there was no pain. Now my bra is causing discomfort. I am wondering, should I wait and bring this up at next appointment in a month or make an appointment ASAP? I believe it is getting bigger, but like i said, i have lost 30lbs in 3 months.

The medicine I am on now is for migraines, topamax. I am considering getting off it. It works miracles on the migraines, but i have NO appiteite and no energy ever! I can go days w/o eating. crazy isn't it? This quack has even upped my dosage this last time around! I need a second opinion all the way around, i think.

So, should I wait it out, or go in tomorrow? Thanks!

Stacey833

Asked by Stacey833 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Health

• Looks like the meds are taking a toll on you. Call the doc tomarrow to get a same day appt.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:30 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Id see the do right away. Ive been on 250mg of Topamax for almost 10 years. I know telling you that the side effect of not being hungry will go away with time isnt much comfort when you are dealing with the pain in your chest area.

Let us know if you went to your MD or not..

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• I went to the doctor, and the knot is normal. I have lost so much weight so fast, that it showed up this way. It is called...Xiphoid process
    I was so relieved. lol

All is normal...
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 4, 2010