asthma question

i just found out that my 25 month old daughter has asthma less than a week ago and my question is can asthma make her tried she doesn't want to do anything she sleeps all the time she takes 4-6 hr naps and sleeps for 10-12 hrs at night

kcook55

Asked by kcook55 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have asthma and have a few kids who have it. If she is having a flare up or is on medication then it could make her quite tired. Flare ups are exhausting bc so much energy is used for them to breathe. Some of the meds can make them hyper or tired. What medicines is she taking?
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• shes like this everyday and she isn't on meds yet i have to call her dr in the morning my mom says i shouldn't let her sleep that long but shes a nightmare if i wake her up
    kcook55

Answer by kcook55 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Definitely call the dr first thing in the morning then. If she is working that hard to breathe that it is exhausting her then she needs seen. It could also be something entirely different so insist on her being seen.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My child has asthma too.. and at first she slept really long too but once she gets on med's n it regulates her breathing and opens her air ways it will be better
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 11:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2009