getting along with hubby after baby is born

My husband and I have always been SUPER googly and affectionate. We couldn't get enough of eachother and were too busy holding hands and kissing eachother to argue much.
It seems that since our baby was born we are nit picking and arguing a lot. There's a lot of tension and stress.
I know it takes two and accept full responsibility for my contribution to this. I would like to know if anyone else experienced this and if you have any advice for me to help our situation. I'm sure its somewhat normal but would like to be constructive and happy for everyone's sake!

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• yea its normal. Just try to take a deep breath and appreciate each other as much as you can during the down time.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I agree with Apr1l poster above. Also, remember that DH was used to just the 2 of you and you taking care of only him he has to share you to a time consuming,boob sucking, shit making albeit adorable baby. Give it time and it will all work out!!! Enjoy that beautiful baby because that time flies by and then you have a snarly tweenager who doesn't want you to enter his room.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Yes, he may feel a tad displaced and is in third now. Also, a new baby is just overwhelming. Welcome to this world. Are you two getting breaks/babysitter? You must make that a priority.
    Anonymous

• Ohhhhh it's totally normal. Sleep deprivation, not eating/drinking like a normal person anymore...every little stresser is exacerbated by that itty bitty person. I also found that my DH seemed almost jealous that my twins were taking up all my time and energy and I had little left for him. Men really never mature past the age of 12.

My DH and I fought EVERY DAY for the first little while. During one heated exchanged he called me lazy and I LOST IT. I whipped the two baby bottle I had just filled at him as hard as I could then left. I drove around for a bit. He called and apologized almost right away. Funny thing is he had pissed me off so badly I saw red and couldn't even remember what he'd said that set me off....he had to tell me...ugh.

Totally normal. It will get better trust me. Hang in there.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• When exactly does it get better? Yes this is normal but i don't know when things start to get easier. My dd's 8 mo now & dh & I are still ready to kill each other. He's the most inconsiderate ass I've ever met & I swear I'm gonna choke him out w/ the socks he leaves all over the house...sorry ranting there. If your dh is a nice guy it'll get better when the baby starts to sleep thru the night, then you won't be so much on edge & the little things will become little things again. Make sure he understands how hard this time is for you, don't let him make you feel guilty for not wanting to be all snuggly after a day filled w/ poop & vomit.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• 60% of all divorces happen within the first year of a new baby. It changes your life THAT much.
    Anonymous