Do your dreams speak to you?

I've had several instances of my dreaming about something, and it was something actually happening at the same time I dreamt it; or it happened several days later. The most recent being last month, when I dreamt of a family members death. It turned out to be my grandmother....three days later.
Do you think we have psychic ability, and when we are asleep we are more open to it?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that we all have gifts and sometimes God speaks to us through our dreams. But I dont' believe that all interpretations people will give you are truthful.

Yes I have had the Lord speak to me through my dreams, actually it was quite powerfull because you not only see and hear things but you can feel things on an emotional level. It is so much more intense.

Anyways . . .
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Well I don't know about that, but I do know that I have had dreams that have directed me along a certain path in my life. Its how I knew I had accepted Jesus. I had that dream when I was about 17 years old. And there have been others.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have had several dreams about random things (like gas prices falling) and they end up happening a few months later. I do believe that it may be a gift from God that I have yet to tap into the true purpose of.
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 1:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, I believe that some dreams carry messages.

I have experienced this myself a number of times through out my life.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• yes, i believe that my dreams carry messages. Many of my dreams have come true. As soon as i wake, i jot down the events in my dream and try to interpret them. Many have come true. It sometimes frightens me. Five years ago, i dreamt that an asian village would be hit by a sunami. the next day, it happend. I trust my intuition. Once i strongly believed that it was my time to die so i purchased life insurance and told all my family that i loved them. three weeks later, i had a weird experience. I litterally walked into a black ghost like figure that freaked me out! it was only a slight second but i knew that something bad was going to happen. this was about 7pm. i called my family one by one and asked if all were ok and again told them that i loved them. by 10pm my brother was killed by a drunk driver.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Maybe...if I could ever remember what my dreams were...I remember I had a dream, but I can never remember what happened in them. So irritating!

Ailneastar

Answer by Ailneastar at 7:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Scientists have yet to find out just what the purpose of dreams are. I think they have many uses- warning of future events, outlet for stress, inspiration for creativity...

As for dream books, I think they are a sham, but there are actually people out there with the gift of dream interpretation (I am one of them) All I do is listen to the dream, ask a few questions about what is going on in their lives and can ususally give them an explaination and meaning that suddenly comes to me in pictures (although sometimes I draw a blank and I don't know why).
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes and yes to whether or not we are more open to it when we sleep. When you are asleep your conscious mind doesn't get in the way of things. Using meditation you can access this state of mind while you are awake.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think we are more able to dicipher and understand ourselves while we sleep because our conscience isnt working against us.

My dreams always have a meaning to them that helps with stuff going on in my life or helps me understand something better.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes dreams for me for the most part is God speaking to me . I respond better to visual and thats how he tells me things I need to know. My dreams are often intense. I had one recently that I interpreted as being in a place of vulnerability. It has to do with a decision I need to make by the New Year. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009