Where did my sex drive go?

My son is 13 months old and I have not wanted to have sex at all. Like, I could never have sex again and I would be ok with it. My husband gets upset with me cause I'm never in the mood but then when I finally give in, he's pissed cause I'm just going along with it cause he wants to have sex. Is this a result of the pregnancy or is it all mental? (Like I feel like I don't NEED to have sex anymore, cause I have a baby...) I guess I wanna know if this is normal, had this happened to you and does it get better?

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, can't help, my experience was opposite, after baby I wanted sex, sex, and more sex. DH however was turned off after seeing the "experience" hahaha. however, we eventually got passed the issue and now are good with what we got about 3 times a week. We have been together for over 17 years.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Oh forgot to add - go to Dr and have then do a hormone level on you that may actually be a factor.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

• never had that problem until after this last baby, but I think its more of BP meds then anything else.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• My son is 6.5 months and sex still hurts for me and I NEVER want it or want to be affectionate. Our relationship is going down the drain... But I know how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am having the same issue... Not taking any meds at all though.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 12:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I feel the exact same way as the OP. If I never did it again I'd be fine with that. My SO is not happy; we're working on things but I don't know how to be 'in the mood' when I'm not and when I do it just to shut him up not only is he not happy still but I feel like a piece of meat...it's not fun...figure out how to fix it; post it for me would ya'?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• ^^ I should add we're still affectionate and loving; I just don't feel the need for sex...and I resent 2kiddoz implication that all men are cheaters! If he can't handle a rough patch then he's not worth the long haul!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I know some of you are displeased with 2kiddoz answer but it is unfortunately too true. Sometimes we have to deal with situations that are uncomfortable and I think she is coming at this with some wisdom. This may be more than a "rough patch' since the baby is 13 months old. i believe this is more hormonal and needs to be addressed with your medical provider. Are you on any meds? And yes, i mean both over and under the counter (ie:weed) any chance your pregnant again? what do you attribute this lack of drive to? Are your feelings hurt by something?Are you suffering depression? Are you not feeling sexy because of some extra weight? Truthfully after 13 months you should be back to the regular swing of things. Good Luck, and Enjoy your man!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:28 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Exactly!! If all hubby wanted was a good piece of a$$ why did he get married? Maybe the sex he's providing isn't worth wanting. No one ever really stops to think about that. Sex starts outside the bedroom. If he's not helping around the house, if he's not letting her get out of the house and do things for herself that all contributes to her not feeling "sexy". As for no need for sex, maybe the sex was never good and she only did it because she wanted a baby out of the deal. In any case, I agree that a relationship without sex won't last long. I also agree that you should check with your doctor about hormones etc. Please find and read the book the " The Kosher Sutra". By the way, I'm not jewish but I found it to be a very insightful book.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Have you had your thyroid checked!? I have hypothyroidism and it has killed my sex drive along with a few other things…….When the meds are working I’m okay but when my levels go off, I just feel like crap. Although my hubby and I still have a very regular sex life, even with him working these horrid night shifts!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 1:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2009