Is this possible?

Ok.. here is my predicament.. I had sex on Wednesday the 16th. Then I had surgery on my knee on Wednesday the 23rd (exactly a week later). Of course they took a pregnancy test and it was neg-well duh! It would be too early to tell from a week anyhow!
So my question is this-IF I was/am pregnant could the baby have survived the surgery?
Considering all the anesthesia?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's possible... did you take another test?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• No, I haven't taken another test yet. I figured it would be better to wait till Wednesday at least. I don't know? I have been kinda nauseous all day today and I feel like I can smell better than normal. My nipples-nothing else on my boobs; are sore.. really sore.
    Anonymous

• It is very likely to have survived. Anestisia, does not hurt 1 week old fetuses. take a test and hang some curtains. congradulations
    jacksonA

Answer by jacksonA at 11:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• Hang some curtains? Anyways-I am asking because I am worried about being pregnant. I went to a friends house that I haven't seen in many years when I was on vacation and we were drinking. I had 3 drinks and don't remember a thing after my 3rd beer. Just waking up in the morning. When I woke up-everyone was acting really weird. Like something had happened. I hope that I am not pregnant. My husband is deployed. Yes I have told him this-and yes he knows.. So don't ask.
    If I am pregnant-I cannot have an abortion, just not something me or my husband believes in..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• well for one thing, either you are an extreme lightweight or those "friends" really aren't friends. you have my sympathy. it is a little early to test though, but you can try. it will be most accurate if you wait until the day your period is due.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• That's just it. I am not a light weight.. I drink all the time.. well not literally. But I can drink a good 6 or 7 before even getting a good buzz. My husband said someone could have slipped something into my drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Somebody could have slipped something to you, but why are you wondering about that...Is that when you may have gotten pregnant? Or are you worried if you were pregnant it would have caused problems for baby?
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• As far as the surgery goes, the baby should be fine. I had surgery while 31wks pregnant and I know someone else who had surgery while pregnant and gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:51 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Take a deep breath lady...you are fine. First of all it's a waste of time to worry about a baby that might not be there. If a child is meant to come to you right now, then that child will come. The begining few weeks of pregnancy ARE the most crucial, but nobody ever says that those little cell wads are very, VERY resilient, because most women don't find out they are pregnant until well into a few weeks. If the meds from the surgery affected your pregnancy, then the pregnancy will abort itself most likely. Don't even give two more thoughts about the booze - just stop drinking now until you know. That's one of the most common concerns of newly pregant moms. You'd be surprised at the number of women who drink themselves sloppy every night, only to find out they are 7 weeks preganant.
    PotatoMama

Answer by PotatoMama at 12:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009