Have any of you moms ever gotten a government grant?

I want to open a private school based on the ideas of homeschooling and montessori, but I need seed money. I haven't been able to figure it out on my own and I need a little help!

twiliyte

Asked by twiliyte at 12:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in

• I'm not sure if you can get government funding for a private school.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• You want to learn grant writing or find someone who knows how. You have to propose a reason why you deserve the money. You really have to think through the business you want to open, what it cost, where it will be located, why it will benefit your community. Cover all counterarguemnets. Government money is available for starting a buisness or buying a first home.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Find someone that knows how to do grant writing. You may be able to get government grants to help you. The government does give grants to private schools and other institutions. Many privately run social service agencies get government funding, so you never know.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009