Nursing and feeling uncomfortable and sweating/shaking afterward

Lately when I've been nursing my 10 month old -- if it's a real nursing session and not a sip, I'll get really uncomfortable feeling like I need to shake my legs out / creepy/crawlies and then when he's done I break into a sweat and I noticed my hands have been shaking.

Does anyone have any CLUE what is going on with this?

I made an appointment with my doctor but he's been pretty unhelpful with breastfeeding so far.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you pregnant?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Hmm. Three things come to mind. Infection was my absolute first thought. Second was blood sugar *low??* or thyroid issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Maybe your anxious
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• OP updating: I hope I'm not pregnant, lol, but now that you mention it condoms are not 100% and I still haven't had a period and do feel bloated lately. Off to take test.

Wouldn't I have a fever if I was infected with something?

I didn't think of low blood sugar. Hmm. I should've, my granny was a diabetic and I guess shaking and sweating is symptomatic but I always thought -sweating- was always with highs like hers was but I guess maybe it is possible.

Thyroid problems, like what?

I don't think it is anxiety.. I don't feel mentally anxious.. of course it is possible but you'd think it'd have bugged me before at some point..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am hypoglycemic and it sounds an awful lot like my hypoglycemic episodes, I am also hypothyroid and those are symptoms, but with the thyroid they should be a constant not just a nursing thing. I would check for pregnancy first though because I got like that occasionally while I was pregnant and nursing my oldest too. Anxiety is a possibility, but you would likely KNOW that was the problem. Infection does not always mean fever so it could be that, but I am going to say that is low on my list because there is typically pain and fever with infection and you didn't mention either of those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2009