What little awkward moments do you hate but can't avoid?

A friend of the family asked me to babysit for him. I haven't seen the boys in a while, they're excited to come, my DD loves them, and I could really use the money. I'm very low on groceries and wouldn't be able to feed them so I had to ask their dad to be sure to bring snacks since we don't have much food. It's embarrassing but I couldn't risk them coming over and not eating. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Stepping in the door at family events. That's when I know all the awkward hugs and kisses are coming. The other is business meetings where you have to shake the hand of everyone in the room. Ugh...totally grosses me out.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i added this guy to my facebook as a friend because he was at the party i was also at last night. ive never met him before. After i added him, he messeged me, saying "nice to meet you". so im saing "nice to meet you too." and he continues his messeges saying "do you know you ran into my junk last night by accident?" so i said "yes but im sorry lol" and he was the quietest person there, hardly ever said a word.

man when you messege people or send emails, alot of their personalities come out. lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Makind small talk with people DH works with. Ugh. I have *nothing* in common with most of those people and even the simplest conversation feels awkward.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:54 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. Arriving at family gatherings is the worst for me. My DHs family is obsessed with my son and our soon to be here baby, so as soon as we walk in the door we are swamped. I hate it. I also hate when someone invites you out to eat and then you don't know if they are expecting to pay the bill or not. I always offer of course, but I still feel awkward!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• When you're talking to someone and when you've finished your sentence they just...stare at you, as if waiting to hear more in-put from you, but clearly, you're done conversating about that particular subject...Does anyone know what I'm talking about? LOL. I HATE that! It's so weird and awkward!
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Going to my in-laws at Christmas time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Answering questions about my OB appointments with anybody it is just weird because we all know that the doc was up in my business and talking about it is weird.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have to say, family gatherings with my in-laws. They despise me, but when my dh is around, they put on a good front, acting like I am their FAVORITE person EVER! The worst part is they expect hugs and kisses from me, when I just want to say, "You hate me! STOP acting this way so Matt doesn't suspect it!" It is SO annoying and awkward.
    I can never truly get them trying to whisper threats out of my mind when they lean in for a hug. They've never done this, but I always feel like they are going to. *shivers in revulsion* I despise visits with my in laws.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have had that same situation, but just my kids wanting to have kids over. If I were asking someone to babysit for me, I would bring food for sure, that is just common courtesy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2009