you porch monkey!

My son came home from school saying this, and he has been saying it A LOT and gets wierd looks? what cartoon or show or whatever is it from? he is 8

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Parenting

• Why do you think it's from a cartoon? Could be some kid saying it to him because they heard their parents saying it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• that is a derogatory term for black people. that is Not from a cartoon. i would fix that immediately before there is some sort of fight..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't know where it's from but I do know that it's a derogatory reference to Black people.
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 12:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Seriously?....A "porch monkey" is an ethnic slur used to insult black people. You might want to check your child before someone chin checks your child.
    Awifenmom

Answer by Awifenmom at 12:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Where I come from it is a derogatory reference for people that abuse pa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I looked up a few different websites and porch monkey could be someone who is lazy. someone on welfare or a black person.
    however if there are no black people around or no welfare recipients it Could mean a small child who likes to sit on the porch.

mostly it's a derogatory term to refer to lazy people who sit on the porch Or an ethnic slur
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i thought it just meant any person who sits lazily on their porches all day, used to be more common before central air.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• He goes to a most black school though.............idk he is only 8.......do 8 year olds know what that means? I doubt a 8 year old will flip out on him. I will tell him to not say it but...............I dont think a grown up will touch my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It is a racial slur and was most recently used in CLERKS 2. A kevin smith movie...a very adult movie, chances are someone at school seen it and has been saying it or somewhere your son has been had that movie playing, its one of my fave movies, but def not something Id even think about letting an 8 y/o watch.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:11 AM on Dec. 28, 2009