Are you afraid to fly?

zmommyone

Asked by zmommyone at 1:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Extremely. i have a real phobia of flying. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and flying doesn't sit well with me, it actually induces panic attacks. If I even THINK I may possibly have to fly in the near future, I can't think of anything BUT that til it actually happens, then I actually will have a panic attack before and when I get on the plane. When I get in the air, I do okay but I actually count down minutes til we land lol. I thought we MIGHT fly once last year, and I went to the doctor and she gave me 3 Adivan (sp?) and told me to take one a couple hours before the flight, and if I needed, one halfway through, then the other one on the flight back lol. Luckily I didn't have to. I've flown plenty of times, and I KNOW statistically its safer to fly than to drive, but for some reason it still freaks me out.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No. I love it.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sometimes, when my wings get tired I'm afraid I'm going to fall, but otherwise,no I'm not afraid to fly.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• LOL PP anon.

I have always been afraid of flying. ever since I was 5.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am. I have flown but not for years now. I just feel far safer on the ground. Other ways of travel get me everywhere even a cruise ship goes overseas. I just feel safer not in the air traveling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't like it either. I worry till I get in the air and still I am not very relaxed till we safely land. I know sometimes we HAVE to fly but if I had the time I would rather drive, ya know.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I love flying. I am hoping for a trip or two in 2010. We flew twice in 2009. For me it's relaxing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I love flying. And i'm not afraid whatsoever. Just because the security at international airports is lazy and incompetent doesn't mean there's a reason to be afraid on a domestic flight.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 4:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Nope! I've traveled all over the world. As circumstances would have it, we haven't traveled by plane since 9/11, but we're going to Disney World (and area attractions) in March/April--so happy the kids are finally old to enough to actually enjoy/participate and appreciate family vacations!

Hubby and I will just be extra vigilant, though! ;o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 AM on Dec. 28, 2009