does this sound like asthma? has any1 elses kid do this?

my little boy has been wheezing and coughing every now n then and sometimes he will sneeze. does it sound like asthma? hes 2 yrs old n im going to take him to a dr soon but i was wanting to know if any elses kid did this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• Wheezing is cause for urgent care appointment ASAP. And yes, my son only gets asthma attacks during illness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Is he sick ? Or is this just happening like you said just here and there...?

Could be allergies triggering asthma. I would make sure you dust and vacuum good. Also look into food allergies. My son was on the verge of an asthma dx and so far finding out he had a dairy allergy has helped a lot. He does use an inhaler though when he is sick.

I just got over a light virus and I keep having these "spasms" Last time the doctor thought I might have asthma too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• my daughter does not get the wheezing, instead her asthma comes as a coughing spell. It use to be so bad that i could not take her outside for more than five minutes because her asthma would act up and she would throw up from the coughing . Finally! At four years of age, her asthma is under control and we can take family trips. yes, make an appointment with the pediatrician.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 4:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have asthma and that sounds more like allergies than asthma, get him a test for both.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:23 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sounds more like an allergy then asthma. Have him tested for allergies including food. Ask for a Rast test for IgE & IgG. A rast test involves a blood draw. It's more accurate and less traumatizing than skin pricks.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My daughter wheezes and we had a pediatrician diagnose her with asthma, which didn't surprise me because we have a history of asthma. We recently changed pediatricians, and he explained to me that under 5, it's most likely reactive airway disease. Many kids are misdiagnosed. It's still worth a trip to the pediatrician, but don't worry unnecessarily that it's asthma. If the "wheeze" is on the breath in, and not the breath out, it could be croup. That's very common this time of year.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009