Assassin's creed question...

We got the video game Assassin's Creed for my kids for Christmas. (Ironic.) Anyway, I really didn't know what it was about at the time. How do you feel about this game? The premise is that it is a man who has the memories of his ancestor and his ancestor is an assassin for an Arabic country. (I get the impression he is supposed to be Muslim.) I find this disturbing on so many levels, yet the concept of memory retrieval is fascinating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we have that game and there is nothing wrong with it. You people look into things way too deeply. Any violent game is just a game, i let my kids watch when my husband plays which is rare. he rather play on his pc then on his xbox 360. my kids are not going to grow up being a assassin or violent.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let my child play it. I feel that memories of a past life is wrong(we are Christians) and glorifying the life of an assassin is even worse in my opinion. If you are okay with the past life and such, then you can research it yourself online, but I would throw the game away immediately. However, if you aren't as strict as what to what your kids play/see, and you are comfortable with it, I would be prepared for any uncomfortable questions.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Wait! You didn't know anything about a game called assasins creed, yet by the title you could not figure out that it is most likely violent? Hmmmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• First off, I didn't pick it, my hubby did. Second, I don't have a problem with virtual violence. It is the real violence that makes me mad. I just was intrigued with the thought of memory retreival.

As far as it being not Christian...how do you figure that? (other then the violence.) :(
    Anonymous