question about the depo

i just had a baby nov 23rd by c-section b4 i left the hospital i got the depo,2 weeks and 4 days after my baby was born i had sex my b/f didnt use anything....people keep telling me even know im on th depo i can get pregnant again this early on is this true? plz send comments if you been on depo and got pregnant right after you had a baby this early or anything at all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No BC is 100%. You are supposed to wait a month to let it take full affect. Til the month is up you are supposed to use other forms of protection IE condoms.
    It is possible yes. If you are worried take a test to see.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i was on depo ( loved it ) i asked how long do i have to wait ( me and dh were leaving next day for our anniversary and corse didnt want to buy condoms ) my doc said it was effective imidately. but will note this was my 2nd dose so it was already in my system. but when i was on it i never worried about getting pregnant. if anything call the doc and just say this was my first depo shot and how fast does it take effect ( like 20 mins or a few days ) i myself have heard it takes effect fast.. i was on it for 3 1/2 years but now my dh has had a vasectomy so were done with bc. *phew lol *
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No advice on that, but wanted to say, I have 13lbs to GAIN after my son was born, to get back to were I was before I was pregnant (from being so sick) and after two rounds with that shot I not only gained that back, but another 50lbs! BECAREFUL WITH YOUR WEIGHT!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No BC is effective immediately

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i gotmy depo shot 2 days after ds was born. he is 10 mts now and am all good. depo shot can give you symptoms of pregnacy. it is possible to get pregnant on depo but is very rare. am geeting off depo in 2 mts cuz i hated
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2009