Has anyone had a swollen lymph node in their throat area?

I have a really swollen lymph node under my right jaw in my throat. It does not hurt, & i am not sick. I have no symptoms of sickness at all. I notices that it got just a tiny bit bigger after i got my last wisdom tooth removed (something i should have done years ago) right before Halloween. A few weeks ago, it just began getting bigger & bigger. I can kind of see it bulging out under my jaw. I know our lymph nodes are there to fight infection & virus's. But, swollen lymph nodes are also a sign of Lymphoma. Anyhow, just curious if anyone else has experienced a huge lymph node, & did it go away on its own or did it become something serious? How long was it swollen?

BTW, i made a Dr. appt for next week.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 8:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• I would consider the possibility that it isn't a lymph node, but your thyroid... But that is only if it is in the center of your neck, not pushed off significantly to one side. Peoples' thyroids can get swollen if they are over or under-active (they refer to it as a goiter). Good that you made an appt.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 8:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Chances are it is just a swollen lymph node. My lymph nodes swell whenever I get a sinus infection. Take a couple of garlic pills to reduce the swelling. Garlic is a natural antibiotic.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had my last 2 wisdom teeth pulled in July and about 2 months after I had them pulled my lymph nodes did the same thing. I made an appt and the dentist said my mouth did not fully heal before my stitches dissolved and it looked like my toothbrush irritated the wound. There was nothing he could do other than give me some nasty mouthwash to irrigate the area and antibiotics.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, I have. Also, my sons lymph nodes get swollen everytime he gets a cold.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I had one on my neck like that & it turned out it was a side effect of my chronic sinus infections. At the time it showed up I wasnt even having a sinus infection so I didnt connect the two.
    Anonymous

• In 2005 I had a slight lump on my throat that I did not notice until it shifted and blocked my airway. It was a slow growing lump and as it grew no one around me or me even noticed it. It was on the front of my neck. Not saying that this applies to you but I had thyroid cancer. I had no symptoms, I wasn't sick. I didn't have any idea that I had cancer. I was thin but I'd always been thin and I was chasing after 4 young sons all day. I wasn't tired, I ate fine, my periods were regular. I seemed to be perfectly fine. Go get it checked out. It's probably nothing but it could be something. Thyroid cancer is actually one of the silent cancers. No one really knows about it unless they know someone who has had it or they know someone who knows someone who had it or knows someone who knows someone....it's not a common cancer. It's probably just a goiter but be safe & have it checked out.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yea garlic, and gargle with tons of salt water it works wonders!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2009