Why is it I am only throwing up when I wake up early in the morning? If I sleep in then I can eat and feel fine.

I usually get morning sickness (and actually throw-up) when I wake up early for work. Is anyone else having this same issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I get that way because I am moving around quicker than my body approves of so early, and it is sloshing the hormones around in my empty tummy making me sick. Also being tired can make you sick on its own. Good luck. Also eat something like crackers before getting out of bed it help a little.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yup-- it's the sudden craziness of getting ready for the day. Also, go to bed as early as you can. 7 and 1/2 hours was great before I got pregnant. Now I NEED 9. Even now that "most" of my morning sickness is eased, I will def vomit if I get too little sleep.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:12 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• That happened to me. I used to get up and eat a little bit of food, take my medicine and go back to sleep. When I got up I felt better, not 100% but at least not ready to vomit just by moving.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• your stomach is empty and it has acid in it and so the acid your stamch makes is upsetting your stomach. try getting up at like 2 am and eating somethign small like a powerbar or bowl of cereal that way when you wake up at 7 your tummy is so very empty
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 12:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sip on water throughout the night.Not lots so your running to the bathroom..lol but being pregnant your body demands more so you may also be dehydrated which can cause this.Good luck:)
    Anonymous