Ideas for New Years Eve...

Hello creative ladies! My husband and I are looking for some fun ideas on how to ring in the new year. I am pregnant, and we have a 19 month old son, so we don't want to go to a party and keep out son out that late, we thought of inviting out friends over, but most of them do not have kids and if my son goes to sleep, I don't want a bunch of people to wake him up. We can't seem to think of anything besides what we always do, like go out to eat or rent a movie....BORING!! We are in a rut, I think :-)
Thanks for your time! Have a happy and safe holiday!!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:43 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Play games, bored games, cards, charades, video games etc.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• play spoons!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoons
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Thanks! We love to play games, and I LOVE spoons! Not too easy to do anything like that with the little grabby boy around, and it will prob be just the two of us. We want to do something fun to include him, before he goes to sleep.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• What about doing something in the morning, on New Year's Day? Our kids get SO crabby if they are up past bedtime. They get up early, so we usually don't stay up late ourselves. Anyway, we have "Grandad's specials" on New Years morning. Waffles, ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream!! I am sure as the kids get older we will start staying up late!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2009