42 weeks and 3 days.... nothing has changed. i think i am in labor please help?

i have a post up under 42 weeks and 2 days...am i or am i not?? i explained there everything that i was going through, at 2:00 am i woke up because i threw up in my mouth this is the second time that happens. then i woke up at 7:43am and the cramps are still there um a little painful and now i am feeling the pain rise up to my stomach though that is sometimes not all the time. my back hurts as well. but my could hurt because i was playing wii sport yesterday i though maybe if i play the wii and move around i could start labor,lol it did give me cramps nothing else so i am going to keep playing the wii to see if that helps me trigger the labor faster. i want to know what you think? please help me!! also my nipples hurt. and i still feel wet. gooey wet.

shoegal1787

Asked by shoegal1787 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you know, if you tell your doctor that you are done being pregnant they will induce you? Say NOW. What is the difference between having pitocin or trying all these "home remedies" for inducing labor?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Only way to tell is the contractions..........and to see IF you have dialated and by how many centimeters?

If you have only dialated 2 or 3 they would send you home if your vitals were OK.

The contractions.........time them so you can tell them should you go to the ER or your doctors

Good luck Momma!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I am the ANON at 9:59AM

I was told to come to the hospital on a friday morning..they were inducing me as I was at the 42 weeks......Oh they ended up hooking me all up in the birthing room and then the fun began!

They let me go as long as they could, at 3am they gave me the epidural, and then the pitocin.....later they had to break my water and after 2 hours of pushing and pushing.......they had to help me as my sons heart rate monitor they put on the sides of his head was going down a little...........finally with their help ( and he RIPPED me a 4th degree tear!! ) he was born!

I'd go to the ER tell your doctor first youre tired of being preggo and want it over. Good luck.......and you'll be home by Wednesday or Thursday in time for New years!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• What is the difference between having pitocin or trying all these "home remedies" for inducing labor?

If they induce labor with pitocin you will have "hard labor" from the beginning, extremely hard contractions for hours longer than normal. I would NEVER advise anyone to have labor started with a pit drip if they can possibly avoid it. ( have done it both ways, andI KNOW the difference!) Do a lot of walking, but don't overtire yourself, same with the wii excersizes. You doctor won't lot you go much longer in any case. Congrats on a wonderful new baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think they need to see you, do you have a date to be induced? All labor is different, my Mom had DS in the hospital waiting room, because she delayed going---she didn't think her contractions were that bad! Your baby is ready, so it wouldn't hurt to go and see what they think! Good luck--boy or girl?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• i am having a girl!!

i have a 2 yr old son named kaylan
    and now a baby girl which i will name sookie junette

what do you think?
    shoegal1787

Answer by shoegal1787 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Very cute, let us know what happens, happy birthing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:29 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It's good to resist being induced if at all possible. Induced labor is much more intense, there are side effects of the drugs used, almost everyone has an epidural, and there is an increased risk of c-section.

If you are 42 weeks you are going to have that baby soon. Sometimes doctors are off on their dates. It doesn't sound like labor yet.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:33 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Nipple stimulation is a waste of time. You have to really do it hard for it to release enough hormone, and it can be dangerous becuase it can make contractions last for a really long time and not be effective. And pitocin does not make you go right into hard labor. They add it graudually. I've been induced twice and it wasn't any different than going into it on my own. I'd do that before I sat there pinching my nipples. My inductions were wonderful. Do what you want to do, don't focus on other people's hang ups. When you hear a horror story(not invalidating horror stories)you are hearing one out of billions of inductions every year. Every induction isn't terrible, or unsafe, or they wouldn't do them every single day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• anon@959 Not to be rude but telling a woman about to give birth who is already nervous a horror story right now is not a good time. I agree with the advice about telling your doc you want to be done now and go in, but I would have left out the horror story.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2009