Just curious, do you think that it is true.....

that if you wore the trend the first time then you are probably too old to wear it when it comes back into fashion? Example: I wore the "tuck my jeans into my boots" look in the early 90's and it is very fashionable to do so now but I feel that I am probably too "old" to pull it off....

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 10:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• lol. I asked myself the same question the other day! I'm 48, but our cold, wet, snowey weather led me to buying a pair of Ugg boots. I thought I was probably too old for the trend, but they were so comfie I just had to get them. But...they are bulky boots and hard to wear if your jeans are NOT tucked into them. So I had to run it by my own set of friends to see if they thought I should go for it. So...I'm 48 and tucking my jeans into my boots.
    I didn't do it the first time around though in the 90's---I probably thought I was too old then! Did this answer your question? lol
    I think you should wear what you like and feel good about yourself in.

(Now I'm hoping they'll bring back stirrup pants so our pants STAY tucked neatly into our boots!)
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 3:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2009

• some things yes, the boot thing, no I don't think so!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• No way! Not all things, like the boot thing, I do that and I am 45 years old. I really like that style, and it is practical if you live where it snows. Somethings you maybe shouldn't do if you did it the first time around, but not the boots. Maybe very short mini skirts, if your now over say 35 or 40.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:32 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• If you have the looks to pull it off then go for it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I think people should wear what looks good on them, not necessarily the in style. It all seems to look the same to me. I'm not referring to your jeans and boots comment when I say this next thing.....I thought it very funny that the new in thing s wearing boots that go all the way up to your thighs. See I grew up in Oceanside and the hookers down town wore those, and everyone knew just what they were by those boots.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• OP: LOL Steff!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I always wear that style. But I watch where I wear it. If it is at my son's school I wear them with flat uggs, at a party with family I tuck them out, with age appropriate people in my boots. It looks a lot neater than wearing boot leg fugly jeans that stick out so sloppy .Who care what is in fashion? I wear what looks good.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Honestl.y the only women that look good in that style...jeans tucked in boots...are tall and thin. Otherwise just don't.
    Anonymous