How to include boys in my daughters Hello Kitty 5th birthday party?

She wants the hello kitty theme, I don't want to send the boys home with girlie hello kitty favors, what would be a good alternative theme for the boys favors? What does your 4/5 year old like?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We did Tinkerbell for our daughter last year, in the gift bags that the kids took home I put pencils and a match box car in for the boys, the girls of course got Tinkerbell stuff.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:45 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Doesn't Hello Kitty have a friend that is a boy? I know she has a friend that is a Frog.... Oh here...http://www.sanrio.com/characters/Keroppi The website has lots of info on Hello KItty and her friends. Maybe get some favors etc that are "Boys" in Hello Kitty world?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Just give them a Hello Kitty bag but put boy things in it - a match box car, bouncy ball, etc. They can eat off of Hello Kitty plates.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I would buy half of the things I needed (like plates, napkines, etc.) Hello Kitty and then the other half I would buy either plain, but in a coordinating color or in a "boy theme". But that's just how I would do things.

I would try not to make things that weren't too girly. But at 5, the most important parts of a party are the cake, ice cream and games.
    Anonymous