Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Me and my ex went for child support, being that he drives trucks he told them that he does not get a pay stub.

The lady believe what he told them he makes. I called his job and they could not give me any information. What can I do to find out how much he makes.$ 77.00 dollars is not enough money for 3kids.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Well he will get his W-2 for tax purposes. The court can get a copy of it. Based off that will tell them how much he makes i.e. how many runs and the money he makes per trip. Be they long or short. Either way you and the court will have an idea of what he is making. Hope this helps!

    Answer by CloudWeaver at 10:39 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • They should have used his income tax return if he didn't have pay stubs. You might not be able to go back and have it increased for a certain amount of time, like a year. It depends on the state. You may be able to find out more by going to your county or state child support website.


    Answer by Gailll at 10:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Request a tax statement. If you 2 were married, bring in your old tax statements.

    Many states can require an employer to provide an earnings statement.

    Contact your local women's resource center/ women's shelter. They can give you info about your county laws and maybe even free lawyers who can help you. Every county has one.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Yup, he has to file a tax return. Tell them to compel him to provide that. Also, if he is behind at tax time they will keep his return and give it to you.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • My father in law drives a truck and wasn't paying what he was supposed to. He mistakenly thought he could double it some weeks and not pay as much the next. He found out the extra dosen't count toward the support, it's just seen as extra. My mother in law went to child support enforcment and they filed papers and his wages are now garnished. Keep at it you can get it. $ 77.00 is not enough for 3 kids. My MIL gets $800 a month for 1 boy (15). My husbands step mom gets $1100 for 1 boy also 15.

    I'm guessing you get $77 a week; I never new people got this little. How does the court think you are supposed to support your kids. That is crazy!!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • WOW! that would never pass here in GA! You cannot just say "i don't have profe of what i make". He can bring profe through tax information. Obviously, he files for taxes every year right? AND that time of year is coming up, use it to your advantage. Also, he could go to the bank & get copies of all the deposits made to his bank account. This is what they made my ex husband do. We both agreed not to pay child support, but they said he has to verify his income & TOLD him to get a document from his bank showing all the deposits made within the past 5-6 months. (he has his own business) There is A LOT that can be done to verify his income, you just have to keep at it. Work on it & he should get his wages garnished eventually. Everyone knows truck drivers make decent money, he certainly can afford more than $77.00!

    Answer by samurai_chica at 3:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Does your husband do this too?

Next question overall (Food & Drink)
Red Robin?