Did anyone in your family get a strange or inappropriate gift for Christmas?

My 2 1/2 year old who wears a 3T got a 6-9 month sized snowsuit! I could maybe understand if this gift came from someone without kids, but my SIL who bought it has 4 kids!

Did anyone in your family get something that was completely off the mark or that made you wonder about the thoughts the giver must have had when choosing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got a pair of strawberry flavored edible underwear from my Father In Law. I don't know what he was thinking! My husband is allergic to strawberries.
    Anonymous

• um I got a candle shapped like a penis from my step-mom and dad. At least its not a dildo which is what I thought at first.
    AHHHHH!!!! They thought it was hilarious -- I turned 7 shades of red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Anon:40 - I can't even imagine what I would have done if I had received one of those!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Wow... I don't think anyone can top the penis candle from your Dad...

I got a bar of soap from my MIL that was hand made by a friend of hers from her own goat's milk. There is an image of a goat stamped on the front and where apparently she *tried* to make it look like a milk bag... it looks a lot more like a male goat! I laughed very heartily at it, then at myself for my own immaturity.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Yes, but that was the point. We do white elephat gift exchage. One is serious gifts, the other is funny, off the wall kind of stuff. It's hilarious! Most of it was pretty reasonable. But I did get a gift card to Steinmart. And it's a lot of money. I don't even shop there, much less *that* much worth! seems like a wasted gift.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My teenage daughter got an expensive necklace from her boyfriend...

: ( Mama's not happy about that one!
    Anonymous

• Well, my aunt got my 9 month old son 3 NB sleepers. I guess people are really horrible with sizing...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• my daughter who wears a 3t got a size 7 swimsuit
    Anonymous

• We got an aboriginal wood carving of a naked man with a spear and a shield. He has a red ribbon tied around his, well, you know where. He's naked. It's the only place to tie a ribbon. It is a "gag" gift from my BIL. It is really strange. We decided that where ever this guy went, he won 2nd prize!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• my family asks what size my son is i tell them 5 or 5t so they go out and buy everythign in size 6-7 which is great it will fit for a long time but by the time he finaly fits in to it really well it will be to hott to wear winter clothing grrrrrrrrrr
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 12:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009