What do i do?

We werent able to pay our bills, and we have no washer machine. We have no money for gas.. we are late on our bills.. i havenot worked in 12 yrs, but gonna try and find a job. I applied in the past but noone ever called me, so i will just keep trying.. Cant turn to family, cause i doult they will help.. any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Turn off internet service.
    Anonymous

• Walk then to local supermarket or pharmacy store (cvs, riteaid, walgreens) or any other store and sell yourself verbally through all the organization skills you have from running a household - write it all down on your application and sell yourself.

There are temporary agencies for temporary jobs too - Manpower might be one. Just google in verizon or att the category of temporary job agencies or job agencies.

Also the group Displaced Homemakers might have a group that you find emotional and resume support in.

How about applying at churches to work in their office or even cleaning them?

I'm sorry you're in a bad way. Our dryer's going. Another car needs brakes. and the other one needs electrical work. it's hard. You're not alone in your worries. Some companies allow applications in their website. I've heard their really tough applications. But worth a try.
    Anonymous

• I disagree turn off internet service - I'd lower tv channels available and get better price for telephone coverage instead. Internet can be an emotional lifeline in hardship especially to here. If this site had been around when my kids were little I'd have been better off financially because of the care and well intentioned thoughts here.

op just apply everywhere and be proud of your own accomplishments of how you've come through what ever's brought you to today.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• It's been a rough year for us. I had to go back to work 6 months ago. I applied to sooo many places online. Even walmart wouldn't hire me. Depressing. I finally stopped with online apps. got dressed up and found a job right away. Stay close to home so it's easier on your gas. Or start babysitting in your home.
    Anonymous

• are you getting assistance? food stamps? if not you should do that- do you have anything you can sell? can you move to a cheaper place?
    about getting rid of inetrnet-how do you know she isn't at a library? and I use mine to look for and apply for work...as well as to keep me sane-without it I owuld surely lose my mind!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• *would
    charlotsomtimes

• dont qualify for food stamps
    op
    Anonymous

• we cancel the phone line and might go and cancel cable and canceling other things like my son cellphone, etc
    op
    Anonymous

• to cancel sprint services , they will charge us 580.oo to cancel ,,, , we wanted to switch to a cheaper mobile phone service... not sure what to do with sprint,,,, OP
    Anonymous

• There are great job hunting tips in the Job Hunting Moms Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Here are some tips for saving money:

Make at least some of your own cleaning products. This has the added bonus of bringing fewer toxins into your home

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Cont

Answer by rkoloms at 1:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2009