ok mamas i need urgent help

ok i have a 3 month old and the other day after i gave her a bath i notice she has like little rashes they arent red but like little bumps all over and now she is coughing, now i have never seen chicken pox not saying thats what it is but anyone have any ideas?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had little tiny bumps over her body when she was teething. I waited for a little while to see if it would go away, but it never did. So I ran her across the street to my neighbor, who is a nurse, and said it's no biggie. Two days later, I saw some of her teeth coming in. She told me that if it gets redder than they are, I should take her into the doctor. Good luck!! (Always better to be safe than sorry!!)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Could be chicken pox, could be an allergic reaction to some soap, take her in--any fever?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Well from what I remember Chicken Pox is not really rash like it is spotty and has nothing to do with a cough.
    Now it is common for kids to get a rashs, they can get heat rash and rashes from some viruses, and then just get them for not appearent reason. I would say you baby has a lil cold. Keep her hydrated and see how it goes. Relax it will be okay!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• no fever, do they usually get a cough when they have chicken pox?
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Chicken pox aren't red little bumps.

Here is a slideshow from Mayo Clinic of common baby rashes:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/baby-rashes/FL00090
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My kids have had chicken pox and I know that soon after red bumps come little blisters with clear tops form in place in them. Any siblings with them or kids or relatives around you? It is possible to have it this time of year, one of my daughters had it in kinderg. at christmas.

Could also be a heat rash just from being in a warm home and/or bundled inside. Keep bathing her in at least room temperature baths with baking soda what ever the rash is from. I'm sure other moms have products by name with oatmeal in it.

Feel better Baby - if she gets a temp give your ped a call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 28, 2009