Do u know if u marry a man that has kids,and the child mother sue him for child support the court can add your income in too.

I heard it on the radio I was wondering was that true.

officerdouglas

Asked by officerdouglas at 11:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If u were telling me not to complian I am not married. I heard about this for some years now. But I just decided to find out was it true. I don't think I would marry a man with kids. Grown kids only!!!!!!
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 12:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Not in Indiana
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:57 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

• The courts can't but the IRS definitely will! I know, because they took $12,000.00 from me over a 3 yr period. DO NOT marry into it, because I had to file bankruptcy on his Child Support to get out from it after I divorced him. He can't file bankruptcy on it, but you can and will have to unless you pony up.
    Anonymous

• Yup. Happend to me here in Georgia. She sued for a Child support modification which she can do EVERY TWO YEARS and it almost doubled our CS payment.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• not in every state but yes in some they consider " family unit income" when deciding on what amount to set .
    One more reason to be very cautious in entering these relationships imo
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 12:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Ooh, that is why some step moms are bitter about their husbands ex. Well, you knew what you were getting yourself into. So don't
    complain about it.
    Anonymous