Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do u know if u marry a man that has kids,and the child mother sue him for child support the court can add your income in too.

I heard it on the radio I was wondering was that true.


Asked by officerdouglas at 11:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Level 2 (10 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • If u were telling me not to complian I am not married. I heard about this for some years now. But I just decided to find out was it true. I don't think I would marry a man with kids. Grown kids only!!!!!!

    Answer by officerdouglas at 12:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Not in Indiana

    Answer by Gailll at 11:57 AM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • The courts can't but the IRS definitely will! I know, because they took $12,000.00 from me over a 3 yr period. DO NOT marry into it, because I had to file bankruptcy on his Child Support to get out from it after I divorced him. He can't file bankruptcy on it, but you can and will have to unless you pony up.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Yup. Happend to me here in Georgia. She sued for a Child support modification which she can do EVERY TWO YEARS and it almost doubled our CS payment.

    Answer by chefronswife at 12:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • not in every state but yes in some they consider " family unit income" when deciding on what amount to set .
    One more reason to be very cautious in entering these relationships imo

    Answer by freedomthinks at 12:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

  • Ooh, that is why some step moms are bitter about their husbands ex. Well, you knew what you were getting yourself into. So don't
    complain about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Dec. 28, 2009