I cannot breath & my heart is racing....

Anxiety has set in.......never had it until I had my boy last year & started college from home. Might I mention I have no car to go to therapy( I was going), no social ties(except negative friends), and am stuck at home 24/7. My blood pressure has been high all month. I want meds, but am scared. Preferably, I want a anti-anxiety, I can take when I need it, but strong enough to do the job. How can I convince my doctor to give me xanax or colonapins???? I dont think they will because they are addictive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Health

• Taking drugs for anxiety is a problem if you are alone and have to care for a child. It is probably better to figure out other ways of managing anxiety. Go online and read about anxiety and see if you think there might be things that would work for you.

Not having a car sucks. If you are taking online classes you might consider moving into family housing or close to a college and taking some regular and some online classes. If you were near a college there would be bus service. You would get to be around other people. There would be psychological services available.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:15 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have panic attacks and PTSD. I take Lorazepam and I love it. It's non narcotic and just takes that edge off.
    Anonymous

• Mothers Apple cider vinegar works AWESOME when your bp is high. I take it 2-3x's a day its worked wonders for me and it will help alleviate a lot of your problems...Go to your local health food store and ask for it..Ingredients,,1cup water, 3Tablespoons vinegar, 1/8 tsp baking soda,the baking soda makes bubbly and is a lot easier to drink this way gulp it down once the bubbles settle..I started this regimend when medicines failed to help me with my BP and I was feeling panicky and stressed...Also it helps to do breathing exercises and TONS of fresh air...Dont get on prescription medications they will make you worse than you already are, thier are better alternatives out there,take advantage of nature and use...
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Try meditation. I don't like leaving my apt (anxiety and panic attacks) and I refuse meds so I do breathing exercises and meditate

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sounds like this poster just wants the drugs and wants to know how to talk her doctor into getting some.
    Anonymous