At what age did you start potty training your little boys?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• My first I started at 18 months, my 2nd I started at 2 years, and my 3rd I plan to start at 6 months or so - once he is on solids.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Around the age of two years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I waited until mine were 3. They trained completely in 2-3 days. It's really easy if you wait until they are ready.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I started a little after he turned 2. He was fully day trained by 2 1/2. The easiest of my older 3 kids (the other 2 are girls and were both over 3 before they figured it out).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• He started showing interest around 33 months (2years9mo). Slacked off because it was the holidays and decided to wait until after the baby came the next spring to avoid regression. He up a trained himself a couple months before his brother came... just starting going on his own. He was just a little over 3. He night trained a month or two after the baby was born.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• My first son started a little late, mainly because I needed to learn, but my next two boys both started a little before 2 and were potty trained by 2
    Charris920

Answer by Charris920 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• We started slowly introducing my son to the potty around 2.5. He turned 3 in October and finally "got it" about a month ago. I would say he's about 95% potty trained. He's not night trained yet, although he does wake up 6 mornings out of 7 dry I still put him in a pull up. He also doesn't tell us when he needs to go potty, but he hasn't had an accident since we switched to underwear. When they're ready, they're ready and there's not much you can do until they are.
    Anonymous

• My mom and MIL swear that generations push kids to potty train earlier and earlier over the years. Both raised 4 boys and a girl and they said the boys started around 3-3 1/2 fully trained at 4 and the girls were fully trained at 3. This was also 25-30 years ago.

I waited until my boys showed signs of bladder control and started touching when they peed. I took away diapers 3 months before their 3rd birthday and they were completely trained a week before their 3rd birthday.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• 3 yrs for all 3 of my boys. It took me about a week and they never looked back. I go by the rule start when they are 2 it will take you a year, start when they are 3 it will take you a week. Exceptions to every rule however...but for me 3 was easy and done.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• 12 months we started putting him on the potty, just palying, while I was in the bathroom doing my hair or something. He would just sit and we'd talk about pottying, he did it a few times (on accident really)

But by 18 months we was daytime potty trained. By 2 and a half he was nighttime trained
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2009