How often do you get a babysitter and go out without your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never get a babysitter persay...my son usually watches the little ones if we want to go out. He's 19. We rarely do though. Maybe once every 2 or 3 months.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Not often enough! Once a month if I'm LUCKY.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 12:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't have that issue any more. My youngest is 15 yo. We use to get one about every 6 weeks and go out to eat or something. We would usually rather have the kids with us though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Not often enough!!! On the other hand, we can only afford free dates. Our kids go to bed at 7 p.m. so we usually just hang out at home and watch a movie. With the kids going to bed early, we usually get the evenings to ourselves!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I don't think we have had a sitter since New Years last year.
    Anonymous

• We never do. I'd really like to start though. My oldest is now 14 and can watch the younger 2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• We've never gotten a babysitter. Only family has ever watched our kids because we are too poor to pay someone to do it. We went out Christmas shopping and to lunch during the second week of December. The older kids were in school, my dad watched our 3yo. It was the first time we had gone out...in who knows how long.
    Last December we did the same thing. My dad watched the kids so we could get our shopping done and it was the first time in 4 1/2 years that we had spent time alone without the kids with us. Then we went out for our anniversary in January--dinner and a movie. Our first "date" since June 2004. It was also our last. Not sure what we are doing this year. It's our 10th anniversary but I think my husband has to work.
    On average we get out 1-2 times a year, during the holidays.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I go out all the time with out my kids and I don't get a sitter either. mine are 15 and 17. Old enough to stay home alone so I can go to the store or out for dinner with DH
    Wyndi

Answer by Wyndi at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• mabey once a month more like once every other month its hard to find a sitter i mean sometimes my aunt will take him so we can do some quick shopping with out him but as for like a proper "date night" mabye once every 4 months its hard to find a night time sitter because everyone we know works so they have stuff to do after work and are tierd
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• At least once a month. :)
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009