Why can't moms just let their babies B babies?

Why r all of these moms giving their babies solid food at 1 month old & complaining about them not walking by their first bday? Youd think moms would want their babies 2 just be babies lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Amen Sista! Lol. I agree fully!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 12:18 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I have never heard of someone giving a 1 month old solid food.
    I do agree though.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I agree completely. My FIL kept nagging about how my daughter wasn't walking and they would always try to make her walk by holding her arms. I was like "Stop! She'll walk when she's ready." It aggravated me so badly!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• Sometimes I feel like my son came out a half grown kiddo. He hit all of his motor milestones so quickly. They grow too fast doesn't matter if you rush them or not.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• They want their baby to be the superlative of everything. "My baby started ___________ at ____ months. Did yours?" They are getting their sense of worth through their child. I hate it for these kids when they are older. The push towards any activity that can be bragged about. Just enjoy your child and let him/her be a person separate from you.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I understand what you're all saying. To be honest, I am probably one that is opposit of that, I want her to grow up, because I feel like it is my job to raise her. I also like to "brag" about her, I like to tell everyone of her amazing accomplishments, because I am such a proud momma. :-/ Sorry I'm a bummer to all of you!
    Anonymous

• I think the op was referring to mommas pushing their little ones, rather that encouraging them. Here's the applause your fishing for, annon:

clapping

Anonymous

• I know what you mean. I know someone that gave her kid steak at 2 months! I don't know how he didn't choke or die. She was making it super tiny pieces, but REALLY?!? It just doesn't make sense to me. Then when I am making my kids wait till at least 6 months for baby food, people make all kind of remarks "mommy just doesn't want him to eat. mommy is trying to starve the baby." Mommy just wanted to knock these people out! LOL

And who says walking makes a kid any smarter or dumber. It doesn't make them president cause they walked at 8 months or anything. One of mine walked early and one late. Neither is better than the other. Its extra funny to me when people think that walking early makes them super smart or something. If you look at children with mental handicaps, alot of them walked early. So, people assuming their early-walker is a genius, that throws it all out the window.

I love my children no matter what they do!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 12:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• First of all .. NO baby should have anything but formula/BM at one month old. Their bodies can't handle it.
    Secondly, it isn't about not letting them be babies. It's about worrying about their development. Parents are paranoid that their babies will be behind. Especially with all the hype about Austism, disorders, etc that the media is force feeding people. They have a right to worry, but yes parents are paranoid these days. As far as baby food.. some parents don't realize that babies need to go at their own pace. Force feeding them food before they're ready is wrong.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2009

• I agree too. But no newborn, infant should be eating before 12 months of age. there digestive system is too weak for baby jar food or anything of that matter. I will be BF this baby that is due next april. I wont be introducing home made foods until the age of 1. he will only get BM. No water, no juice, no home made foods, no candy no nothing
    Anonymous